After I received my first cheque from Google Adsense, I see a lot of my colleagues asking me only one question – “How do you make money blogging?” Since I work for one of the top three Indian MNC’s, naturally all my colleagues know only to code for our clients. They are all highly paid and hardly knew about any secondary/passive income. So although they are very good Googlers, they hardly know about how to make money blogging. And the most amazing thing is, after I described about my income sources, many of them have showed interest in working with me . The most common question they asked me is:
Question: Do you make money by building a high traffic website and the promoting affiliate products or launching your own products?
Answer: Well that isn’t true, making money from your blog entails more than that. I have seen people make money with less traffic while people with much traffic find it difficult to make money, this post will be talking about 3 sure ways to make money from your blog.
- Build your Trust/Credibility - I say, this is one of the most important missing ingredient in the career of many bloggers. Do you think people will spend their money on your recommendations without believing that what you are recommending is right for them? Since your readers don’t stay/live with you, the only way to make them believe is to make build your trust among your readers. That’s really important.
- Supply Quality Content Only.
- Be interactive or in other words, help your readers as much as you can by answering their questions and replying their emails and replying to their comments.
- Recommend Only What You Yourself Trust to Them.
- Focus on Building a Brand for Your Own Blog.
- Make your readers realize that they have a problem which needs a solution – According to me; the next step you should take if you want to make money from your blog is to let/realize your readers that they have a problem which needs a solution. And You Have A Solution.
- Come Up With A Solution – Now once your readers know they have a problem that needs a solution, you should not ask your readers to go elsewhere for the solution. Instead, offer them a solution.
Now one easy way to offer a solution to your readers’ problem is through affiliate marketing and product creation. You might not have a product that can solve their problem, but somebody else might have. You might not want to go through the hassles of creating a product and may recommend another person’s product to them – but make sure the product is of high quality.
- Final thoughts – Making money online from your blog might be very easy but it is also important to know that you can’t do anything without traffic. There are many tutorials on the web on how to get traffic.
Now the easy ways to gain trust on your readers are as quite easy (difficult?) and are listed below:
Well these are only a few ways to build credibility that are great for you to get started. With time, the more you blog, you’ll discover and learn more ways to build your trust among your readers.
Your readers should not just be reading your blog for fun, entertainment or information. Be focused to let your readers know about their problems. In this context, you can say that getting traffic is your readers’ problem and you have a sure-shot solution for that.
The most common mistake that many of us as bloggers do is to first create a product and try to sell it without letting our readers know about their problem. Hmmm… This isn’t going to help much as your readers will think that your product is of no use to them. If your readers know what their problem is, they might even come up with asking you to come up with a solution
Otherwise, another great way to offer a solution to your readers’ problem is by freelancing, if your readers are people who want the best for their e-books and writing you might want to offer services like proofreading and ecover design to them.
Also, taking action is very important. So go ahead and make effective use of the tips above by implementing it on your blog.