Google bar which is displayed on all Google services has a new look now. It allows access to all Google services and is updated for a more consistent, streamlined user experience and increased visibility of the most popular services. This upgraded Google bar is displayed on Google Search, Google Mail, Google+, Google News, Google Maps, Google Documents etc. Youtube has a slightly different bar than the bar displayed on other sites. Now you can share links, pictures, videos etc with your Google+ friends or family members directly from any of the Google service given above. You don’t have to navigate away from the service, open Google+ site to do this. Read further, to find out how you can achieve this.
Google bar is divided into two parts:
- A dark grey colour bar where you can access Google’s popular products. As you can see in the above figure, you can click on popular services like Google+, Search, Images, Maps etc to access them. If the service you are looking for is not displayed on this bar then clicking on More button, will display a drop down bar with some more services. If still you are not able to find the service you are looking for then just click on Even More option; this will take you to a page where all available Google services are displayed.
- Below this bar you can see a light grey bar which allows you to search, share and manage you profile / account. On the top right hand side of the light grey bar, you can see:
- a. Logged in user name: Clicking on this will popup as shown in the below figure. In this popup you have option to visit your profile page, access your Google+ account, change your Account or Privacy Settings and a link to Sign out from the Google account.
- b. On the right side of the logged in name, you can see the Notifications icon. Clicking on it you will see a popup as shown below, showing new and old google+ notifications.
- c. On the right side of the Notifications icon, you can see a Share icon. Clicking this you will get a popup as shown below. Using this you can directly share pictures, videos, links and Google Map positions with people in your circles. You can post a status update too; in fact, you can do that from any Google page you’re on (except YouTube).
- d. On the extreme right, you will see your photograph, clicking on this you will get a popup as shown above in point 2a.
Until now, Google’s home page has never gone beyond anything else but ‘searching’. There were links leading to other Google services to take you away from the Google home page to do your work. Now, you don’t have to go away from the comfort of the Google home page – you can perform all your actions from the page you are working on. Happy googaling…